Top 10 Tips To Clear Acne
- Wash twice a day and after sweating. Perspiration, especially when wearing make-up, or tight clothing can make acne worse, so wash your skin as soon as possible after sweating.
- Be gentle with your skin. Use gentle products, such as those that are alcohol-free. Do not use products that irritate your skin, which may include astringents, toners and exfoliants. Dry, red skin makes acne appear worse.
- Scrubbing your skin can make acne worse. Avoid the temptation to scrub your skin.
- Rinse with lukewarm water, then with cool water to close your pores.
- Wash and shampoo your hair regularly. Hair, especially long hair traps dust, skin cells, and sometimes dirt. Therefore, washing your hair prevents those particles from getting on your pillow, face and skin.
- Sleep with a bonnet. A bonnet, or wrapping your hair keeps your pillow clean and prevent irritants from your hair to seep into your pillow and eventually your skin.
- Let your skin heal naturally. If you pick, pop, or squeeze your pimples, your skin will take longer to clear, and you increase the risk of getting acne scars.